Wednesday, May 27, 2009

THE KITCHEN COMES IN


The plastic sheeting that separated my demo’d kitchen from my living room is down now. I can again see the lights and the water through the large window. The air from the terrace flows free through the doors and elicits my skin. The cabinets are here, one by one replacing sections of ravaged wall. Each one holding the promise that this will soon be home again. I look forward to friends standing around, the full hollow pop of that first bottle of wine uncorked on virgin countertops; the man that will come from my bedroom, satisfied, naked and hungry, kissing me on my mouth and neck, before the orange juice is poured, before the bacon spatters against the green glass backsplash. Everything will be new here. The wood, the metal, the granite, glass, how I am touched and held, the way his hand will coax a swell between my legs as we face each other barefoot on fresh tiles. The bacon, the eggs and toast preempted by sweat, perfume, and sunburned skin.

All of this is being installed behind me as I write; the cabinets, the gas range, the freshly squeezed juice, the smell of syrup, burnt toast, testosterone, and cum – everything I’ve dreamt of in this new kitchen.

7 comments:

  1. Now I want a new kitchen . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya... can't wait to play in mine. i feel like i'm waiting for christmas morning to open it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the writing, and you cook? Enjoy that new kitchen, Claud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try my hand at both with mixed results. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, I read this a bit ago!! Sometimes it doesn't click...I forgot the date, got confused, thought it was June! ARRRgggghhhhh!

    I love to cook, pretty good at it I think. When you get going please remind me to send you a recipe for bunya calda (sp?). Most heavenly treat in the world...rich like you like your life. :)

    I also have been making a living the last few years as a self-employed carpenter (haven't done any music for awhile, the pay is good but too sporadic for a family). I have had a glorious few minutes here day dreaming about working in your kitchen building in all the smells you talk about....I think with a little judicious this and that into the varnishes and stain on the woodworks, it could be done! LOL Was a fun head trip anyway (all puns intended) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What will the wait be like when you have the bedroom floors done, walls painted, new drapes and bedding??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beyond uncluttering, no immediate plans for upheavel in the bedroom. :)

    ReplyDelete